Laser Hair Removal Bellevue
Free Yourself from Unwanted Body Hair
The Serenity Rejuvenation Center Team are experts in the laser hair removal process. We are proud to offer the most cutting edge technology in the Seattle area. The secret to laser hair removal is the clinically-proven technology that targets and destroys cells responsible for hair growth without harming the surrounding skin. It’s a simple approach to hair reduction that’s fast and easy with manageable patient discomfort. The Serenity Rejuvenation Center Team is highly experienced and handles a high volume of clients from all over the Seattle area and state of Washington at our centrally located laser hair removal clinic in Bellevue, WA.*
*Individual results may vary.
The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
*Individual results may vary.
Laser hair removal enables both men and women to experience increased confidence with their bodies.
People have different reasons for wanting to be hair free, reasons include:
- Many professions have the expectation of a close shave or hair free presentation.
- Gender transformation
- Cultural expectations
- Feelings of shame, embarrassment, or frustration regarding their facial or body
- Temporary hair removal (including daily shaving) is time consuming!
- Skin irritation with the temporary hair removal methods
Improve the quality of life by saving time spent every day using temporary remedies in removing hair. Feel good about your appearance and be confident by starting your laser hair removal (reduction) process today.
Residents of Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Kirkland, Redmond, Sammamish, Bothell, Issaquah, North Bend and the surrounding cities choose to pursue laser hair removal services at Serenity Rejuvenation Center because we are dedicated to patient safety, patient comfort, and the best possible results.
Serenity Rejuvenation Center’s laser hair removal technology/protocols provide other potential benefits as well, such as treatment for the following:
- Sensitive skin secondary to temporary hair removal methods
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae
- Keratosis pilaris
- PCOS related hirsutism (*Unwanted male pattern hair growth on a woman’s face, chest and back). Dr. O’Connell can also treat the underlying medical cause of PCOS.
What are the variables that influence hair growth
Genetics: There’s a wide range of normal hair distribution, thickness and color due to differences in heredity. People from certain parts of the world just have more hair.
Hormones: (imbalance, disease process, medication, menopause)
Medications: Some medications can cause hirsutism.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: This most common cause of hirsutism is caused by an imbalance of sex hormones that can result in irregular periods, obesity, infertility and sometimes multiple cysts on your ovaries.
- Cushing’s syndrome: This occurs when your body is exposed to high levels of the hormone cortisol. It can develop from your adrenal glands making too much cortisol or from taking medications such as prednisone over a long period.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: This inherited condition is characterized by abnormal production of steroid hormones, including cortisol and androgen, by your adrenal glands.
- Tumors: Rarely, an androgen-secreting tumor in the ovaries or adrenal glands can cause hirsutism.
What is the term for excessive hair growth?
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted, male-pattern hair growth in women. Hirsutism results in excessive amounts of hair on body areas where men typically grow hair — face, chest and back. Hirsutism can be secondary to a medical condition as noted above.
What Makes Serenity Rejuvenation Laser Hair Removal Different
After talking to many patients through our clinic who have heard of/and or experienced unmanaged pain, injury, poor outcomes, or simply a bad experience, we have gained a greater knowledge as to why these things may be happening. Some of these include:
- No physician involved in the patient’s care: In fact, many places have a phantom medical director who is never at the facility!
- False advertising: Many facilities advertise laser hair removal when, in reality, they are using intense pulsed light (IPL). This treatment is different than laser hair removal and is significantly less effective.
- Improper patient education: When patients aren’t given enough information and education about a procedure, we often find that their providers over-promised or set unrealistic expectations. Dr. O’Connell & the Serenity Rejuvenation staff conduct a thorough consultation discussing expectations before treatment and ensure that all of their patients have a thorough understanding of the procedure, as well as what to expect following the treatment.
- Undertrained/inexperienced personnel performing treatments: Lasers can be dangerous and extremely damaging to a patient if not handled correctly. In the right hands, these tools are perfectly safe. It is vital that anyone who is considering laser hair removal in Bellevue find a practice where a board certified physician is actively involved in patient care.
- Laser hair removal being used on patients who were not good candidates: Not everyone is a good candidate for hair removal. Unfortunately, inexperienced personnel or physicians who are in the game to just make a buck will accept any patients — even those who are not good candidates. At our clinic in Bellevue, we believe that our job as experts is to care for the individual. If someone is not a good candidate for laser hair removal, we will tell them.
- No follow-up: Our staff is always available for follow-up questions and visits from our patients. If any of our patients are experiencing discomfort or have unmet expectations, we are intentional about resolving issues.
- Cooling methods/anesthetics not administered or offered: We use cooling methods and/or topical anesthetics in order to minimize patient discomfort during and after the procedure. We take patient comfort very seriously and ensure that all patients are equipped with instructions on how to appropriately handle any remaining discomfort once they’ve left our office.
- Medical Expertise: Dr. O’Connell has a specific and thorough understanding of hormones and the context that imbalances may play in hirsutism. He is equipped to interpret lab testing through specific labs and to make medication management decisions as an adjunct modality for patients who may benefit.
Dr. O’Connell and The Serenity Rejuvenation Team strive to make sure every patient’s experience is a positive one! We want to educate and inform patients with honest answers.